Wednesday, April 16, 2014



Who would ever believe that I would be interested in golfing?    At one time in my life I thought it was the dumbest thing to do.   Who would want to chase a little white ball around?   A few years ago, I got hooked.  When I'm not spending time with the family or watching the grandsons play sports, I am on the golf course.
Last year, three of us decided to take on the challenge of golfing in all 99 counties in Iowa, Jim myself and a friend, Shirley.  Jim is creating a blog for that challenge.   This year, Jim and I decided to build on that, and challenge ourselves to golf in every course in Iowa.  We realize there are some private courses that we probably won't get on, but we will beg or bribe our way on to as many as we can.  HA HA  To date, I have golfed at 53 courses.  

Sun Valley Lake with mom and dad

The first course I golfed at was at Sun Valley Lake where my parents lived.   Rather than go back and post about each one, I'm just going to post the pictures of some of them and some other highlights from various courses.   I hope to keep building on my blog as I go along.


 KaVon went with us to Willow Creek and he enjoyed driving
me around in the cart.   Hasn't quite had the desire to actually golf yet though but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


First day of the season in Feb. 2012.   It was cold, rainy and even had some sleet.   And believe it or not, we were not the only ones out on the course.
 Blank always has so much wildlife to see.   Always enjoy hole 12 as you come up along the zoo when the giraffes are out.   The deer are almost always out around hole 6.


 

Principle Classic, 2013 at Wakonda Golf Course with Tim and Deb

Jim and Tim at Deere Run in 2011

                                   Charlie, Rose, Jim, Me, Tim and Shirley at Jester Golf Outing


Jim is always practicing in the yard and if one of the grandsons is there, they get a free golf lesson or two.


 While at Blank Golf Course, we ran into a couple nice guys and visited between holes with them while we waited.    Didn't know till the 17th hole they were the duo of the band Blackhawk.
LaRee and I love getting mom out on the course.   This was at Toad Valley.

See if you can find Shirleys ball in this huge hole.   I think she was going for a hole-in-one at the wrong hole.
This is at Terrace Hills in Altoona, the hole is now a pond.



I will post other courses in the order we have golfed them and get all caught up.


HAPPY GOLFING!

No comments:

Post a Comment