Friday, May 16, 2014

Dallas County and more...

Woodward Iowa, Dallas County, not a whole lot of anything. LOL
I have to say that I did learn that I can deal with pain better when I'm golfing.    On hole 4 I managed to twist my back and I'm sure it was because I was in such a hurry to golf that I didn't stretch very well and have to suffer the consequences.   No excuse though, I kept going and managed to still get all 18 in.  


 












It was a very cloudy day and somewhat windy.    We managed to just get done as the rain moved in.    I think Shirley and I golfed much better this time although our scores did not agree.
Jim had a great day putting today and now if he can get his good drives and good putting to both happen in the same round of golf, he would be great!




FLASHBACK FRIDAY!

Last year we went to Arizona to visit Jerry and family.  We had a great time and even though Shelley doesn't golf, she still went to the golf course with us.    Here are some pics of Arizona's 'rock' golf courses and some wildlife we saw too.   







Hit your ball in these rocks and it bounces for miles!  Can be an advantage or disadvantage depending on which way it bounces, ad that is if you can find it when it stops.


 I thought they were actually going to climb right in our cart.





\\\\\
On the way to the airport we stopped at Ping's corporate offices and we both had club fittings.   Although we couldn't afford their clubs, we did get some good advice.


Can't wait to go back and do it again!


This quote is for someone who is very near and dear and whose name I will not mention.    You know who you are.   :)

If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. ~Horace G. Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment